PICKING THE RIGHT COLORS AND PAPER
WHAT TYPE OF PAPER DO YOU WANT?
• Uncoated - uncoated paper has a matte finished and a rougher feel, colors tend to be less vibrant and saturated than a coated stock
• Silk Coated - a silk coating gives the paper a semi-gloss sheen and a smoother feel than an uncoated stock
• Glossy Coated - glossy paper has a high shine and smooth finish, colors are more vibrant and saturated because of the smooth coating
• Paper Weight - paper weights are measured in pounds (lbs) or points (pts), the higher the number, the heavier the paper
WHAT COLORS DO YOU WANT ON YOUR PRINT?
• 1/0 - Grayscale print on the front, nothing on the back
• 1/1 - Grayscale print on the front, Grayscale print on the back
• 4/0 - Full color print on the front, nothing on the back
• 4/1 - Full color print on the front, Grayscale print on the back
• 4/4 - Full color print on the front, Full color print on the back
"4" refers to a 4-color process print (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black)
"1" refers to a print using various shades of black or Grayscale